Since 1973, AEC Property Tax Inc. has been top of the commercial property tax advisory field by driving results, going above and beyond to be the best in the industry. Over a three year average, 95% of our clients realize advantages through our tax mitigation strategies. From principals to associates, we all share the same goal of helping our clients maximize property value and minimize occupancy costs.
Our Unique Team services our clients coast to coast through AEC’s offices in Vancouver, Edmonton, Calgary, London, Toronto, Ottawa and Montreal, assisting our clients to minimize and manage realty taxes on both single properties and large multi-national portfolios. Our experts evaluate and provide recommendations with respect to filing assessment appeals and follow through on these recommendations by implementing action plans to reduce realty taxes. The application of our expertise, knowledge and reputation within the industry enables us to deliver superior results for our clients.
As professionals with a desire and passion for examining and understanding the value of real estate, AEC applies the valuation principle of Highest and Best Use to our people. Our continued success is a direct function of our ability to create and sustain value for our clients by creating effective teams. We believe strongly that our unique ability to create value for our clients is a result of the proper alignment of the respective strengths of our team members.
If your philosophy matches ours, maybe it’s time we joined forces? Our Toronto office is growing and we are looking for a Senior Consultant in Property Tax and Assessment.
The Senior Consultant will provide a variety of property assessment and tax consulting services for various projects to new and current clients with very limited review. The ideal candidate successfully manages relationships and partners with other business units to identify opportunities and maintain synergy.
- Manage projects relating to assessment review and appeals for AEC's national and regional clients.
- Maintains an up to date knowledge of tax legislation, and industry trends.
- Provide quality service and maintain ongoing client relationships that lead to opportunities for renewal, referrals, and new service offerings.
- Contribute to business development initiatives used in developing additional regional or national clients.
- Mentor analysts to enable them to achieve results for clients and bridge pathways to growth.
- Maintain records consistent with AEC's technology platforms dealing with time and billings (timesheets), project management software, and other tools utilized by AEC.
- Participate in negotiations with the Municipal Property Assessment Corporation.
- Prepare Disclosure Reports and Expert Witness Reports.
- Lead evidence in Hearing settings in front of the Assessment Review Board or other tribunals while maintaining the integrity of AEC's brand and the interest of our clients.
- Other tasks as assigned by AEC's senior management team.
Educational and Professional Experience Required:
- Bachelor's Degree with an emphasis in business, real estate, or economics preferred. Additional educational background relating to property assessments, property appraisals, and property tax administration is considered an asset.
- AACI, AIMA/MIMA considered an asset.
- 7+ years of proven experience in property tax assessment or appraisal.
- Extensive knowledge of commercial property valuation and assessment.
- Experience in negotiations and preparation for Hearing settings.
- Experience in leading evidence with the Municipal Property Assessment Corporation and the Assessment Review Board.
- Maintenance of continued professional development courses.
- High level of critical and logical thinking, analysis, and/or reasoning to identify underlying principles, reasons, or facts.
- Strategic planning experience.
- Good project management skills and the ability to motivate teams to produce quality work within tight timeframes.
- Professional written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong problem identification skills, problem-solving skills and the ability to make the necessary decisions to move forward the work at hand.
- Excellent communication, presentation, problem solving and organizational skills are essential.
- Able to work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Attention to detail in all areas of work.