Canada's Property Tax Solution Since 1973
AEC Property Tax Inc. is a national property tax advisory firm providing assessment and tax management services as well as tax minimization strategies for owners and occupiers of commercial, industrial and multi-residential real property.
AEC is the noted leader in providing high quality valuation advice to clients, assessment jurisdictions and appeal tribunals. Our Expert Witness Team includes nationally recognized individuals who literally wrote the book on property assessment and work with us to provide informed, expert opinion in jurisdictions across Canada as well as mentorship to our staff.
Based in Toronto, we are currently seeking to expand our team with industry professionals who have the knowledge and expertise in property tax appraisal to join our Expert Witness team.
Your experience in property tax advisory has put you on the path to be a well-respected industry expert who is highly skilled in clarifying complex technical issues. Your skills of analysis and critical thinking are demonstrated in your ability to produce well-written and reasoned reports that are factual and conclusive. As a team player, you are supportive of your co-workers. You are keen to complete your designation and are looking for your next career move that will get you there.
• Assist in the provision of property assessment analysis and research for evidence for litigation
• Produce high-quality appraisal and consulting reports under the guidance of the Director
• Liaise with clients, lawyers, municipalities and assessing authorities regarding property assessment and/or tax issues
• Participate in appeals, negotiations and other property assessment related compliance processes
• Assist in business development to support growth plans through developing relationships with industry stakeholders and through representation at industry events
• Participate in strategy planning execution as a member of the Expert Witness team
• All related duties as required
• A degree in a related field of study plus 5+ years of work experience in positions of increasing importance or equivalents
• AACI accreditation in progress with goal of completion
• Developing expertise in commercial appraisal and mass appraisal
• Familiarity with all relevant provincial assessment legislation and related topics
• Ability to multi-task, work independently, be proactive and flexible and meet deadlines
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Excellent analytical and reporting skills
• Advanced computer skills
• Ability to travel
The salary for this position will be commensurate with education and experience of the selected candidate. We offer a highly competitive total compensation package with exceptional bonus program and company-paid healthcare benefits.
To apply, kindly submit a copy of your resume to hr [at] aecpropertytax.com