Canada's Property Tax Solution Since 1973
AEC Property Tax Inc. is a national property tax advisory firm providing assessment and tax management services as well as tax minimization strategies for owners and occupiers of commercial, industrial and multi-residential real property.
AEC is the noted leader in providing high quality valuation advice to clients, assessment jurisdictions and appeal tribunals. Our Expert Witness Team includes nationally recognized individuals who literally wrote the book on property assessment and work with us to provide informed, expert opinion in jurisdictions across Canada.
Based in Toronto, we are currently seeking to expand our team with industry professionals who have the knowledge and expertise in property tax appraisal to join our Expert Witness team.
Your senior-level experience in property tax advisory has led you to be a well-respected industry expert who is highly skilled in clarifying complex technical issues. Your skills of analysis and critical thinking are demonstrated in your ability to produce well-written and reasoned reports that are factual and conclusive. A willing and adept mentor, you are supportive and encourage your direct reports in their career development.
• Lead or assist in the provision of property assessment analysis and provide expert opinion evidence for litigation
• Produce high-quality appraisal and consulting reports
• Liaise with clients, lawyers, municipalities and assessing authorities regarding property assessment and/or tax issues
• Participate in appeals, negotiations and other property assessment related compliance processes
• Business development to support growth plans through developing relationships with industry stakeholders and through representation at industry events
• Strategic planning for Expert Witness team
• Mentor staff through designation process and on the job
• All related duties as required
• A degree in a related field of study plus ten years of work experience in positions of increasing importance or equivalents
• AACI accreditation is required
• Expertise in commercial appraisal and mass appraisal
• Detailed familiarity with all relevant provincial assessment legislation and related topics
• Ability to multi-task, work independently, be proactive and flexible and meet deadlines
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Excellent analytical and reporting skills
• Advanced computer skills
• Ability to travel
The salary for this position will be commensurate with education and experience of the selected candidate. We offer a highly competitive total compensation package with exceptional bonus program and company-paid healthcare benefits.
To apply, kindly email your resume to hr [at] aecpropertytax.com