AEC is an independent privately-owned commercial property tax advisory firm that is made up of property tax and assessment management professionals. Our staff includes accredited appraisers, professional engineers, chartered accountants, certified cost technicians and former assessment officials who understand the blend of art and science that defines real property assessment and its impact upon realty taxation.
Our Toronto office is currently seeking an Analyst to join our valuation team. We are willing to mentor and train the right individual who demonstrates a high attention to detail, thoroughness and strong written and oral communication skills.
- Prepares analysis and/or contributes to the development of appraisal reports to be used in the process of valuation for assessment and other purposes.
- Prepares property tax and assessment analysis and/or contributes to the development of reports on variances and anomalies for a variety of clients.
- Conducts detailed research and accesses relevant information from various resources and is able to write and synthesis a reasoned and logical analysis.
- Works with intermediate and senior level professionals who will provide mentoring, direction and peer review of work.
- Updates internal database systems regularly and accurately to ensure that current data and research is available for client files.
- Participates in site inspections as required.
- Accurately completes time sheets on a daily basis ensuring accountability for time spent on daily activities. Records team member time usage as required.
- Works cooperatively with team members across the organization. Participates regularly on team projects, meetings, and training sessions.
- Attention to detail, highly organized, able to prioritize work load
- Problem‐solving skills using critical and analytical thinking
- Quick learner on various software systems; computer skills (Excel, Word)
- Excellent communication skills (written & oral)
- Self-starter who is open to instruction and learning
- High follow‐through / follow‐up skills
- Team player
Interested candidates should submit their resume with a brief covering letter to email@example.com by January 31, 2017.